Date(s) - 07/10/2020 - 09/10/2020
ECASSA- INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL PROTECTION (EISP)
Online Training Course on “Performance Management & Appraisal For Social Security Institutions”
DATES: 07th to 09th October, 2020
- Draft Time Table
- Course Description
- Course Objective
- Target Audiences
HR/Managers/Officers, Training Managers, Supervisors, Heads of Departments and Directors
5. Learning Outcome
6. Course Content
7. Learning Assessment and Methodologies
Performance Management and Appraisal Training Timetable
|DAY I||1. Understanding Performance Management and Appraisal
|Day 2||2. Elements of Performance Management
|Day 3||3. Performance Feedback
Course Description & Overview
- The essence of management is learning how to achieve results through other people.
- Until you learn to make the most of people resources, your career and success will be limited.
- If you’re an executive or manager, Performance Management can help you improve the effectiveness of your juniors. The more effective they are, the more carefree your work will become, and the more successful you’ll be.
- This course examines the importance of an effective performance management system in helping organizations define and achieve short and long term goals.
- The program explains and reinforces the concept that performance management is not a one-time supervisory event, but an ongoing process of planning, facilitating, assessing, and improving individual and organizational performance.
- In addition, the course emphasizes the importance of measuring the effectiveness of human resource activities that are designed to enhance individual and organizational performance.
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- State the core principles and benefits of effective performance appraisals
- Set and write SMART performance objectives
- Review the appraisee’s performance and clearly summarize the agreed level of performance
- Provide constructive and motivational feedback
- Hold structured conversational performance appraisal meetings
- Develop performance improvement plans for lower performers
- Support their staff in developing
This course is designed for team leaders and line managers who have a responsibility for managing the performance and conduct of others at work. These include:
- Training Managers
- Heads of Departments
- Chief Officers
- Project Managers
Upon successful completion of this course, the participants will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Design an organization’s performance management process that is compliant with law and supports organizational mission and strategy.
- Compare and contrast various organizational performance management programs and best practices and define attributes of effective performance management systems.
- Employ job-related performance standards and performance indicators that reflect the employee’s range of responsibilities.
- Assess how increased employee involvement can contribute to effective performance and coach employees to identify career paths and resources available to support individual development.
- Identify and communicate appropriate actions with employees (such as training and development, promotion, bonus among others) based on their performance strengths and weaknesses.
Bookings are closed for this event.