Date(s) - 02/12/2020 - 04/12/2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
ECASSA- INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL PROTECTION (EISP)
Online Training Course On “Governance of Social Protection Systems: Role and Responsibility of CEOs and Board Members”
- Draft Time Table
- Course Description
- Course Objective
- Target Audience
- Learning Outcomes
- Course Content
- Learning Methods
|DAY I||1. Governance of Social Protection
2. Role of Stakeholders of a Social Insurance Scheme
|Day 2||3. Governance of the Board of Directors/Trustees
4. Managerial Governance of Social Security Schemes
|Day 3||5. Financial Governance of Social Security Schemes
6. Financing Systems of Social Security Schemes
2. Course Description & Overview
- Governance of a social protection system is a set of legal and institutional arrangements designed to determining a socially and economically acceptable level of social protection through judiciously distributive structures and ensuring that benefits are delivered effectively and efficiently through a democratically supervised administration.
- Social security boards are vital bodies for strengthening democratic governance and representing the interests of workers, employers, pensioners and other constituents in the national social protection system. They have important responsibilities to ensure that the schemes are transparent in their operations and assuring that their policies and practices comply with the law.
- The online training course on “Social Security Governance for Board Members” is intended to increase the capacity of social security board members on a range of legal, regulatory, managerial and financial governance issues required at the level of a scheme and national system at large towards effective and efficient governance of social security schemes.
3. Objective of The Course
- The ultimate objective of the course is to expose Board Members to key social protection concepts pertaining to their role and responsibility in governing a social security scheme.
- To that end, this three-day online training will focus on legislative, policy, and managerial and financial governance issues that are relevant in the contemporary management of national social protection schemes and systems.
4. Target Audience
- This course is tailor made for capacity building of senior management of social security schemes in particular the CEOs, Board Members, Directors & Senior Managers.
- The course is also of particular importance to middle-level managers, professionals and technical officers such as Actuarial and Statistical Officers and Trustees of social security schemes to enhance their professional aptitude towards effective and efficient governance of social security funds and national social protection systems.
5. Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principal methods, policies and international standards applying in the provision of social protection benefits and extension of coverage for all.
- Understand the importance and role of stakeholder relations in governance of social security schemes (i.e., government; board of trustees, trade unions, tripartite plus, etc).
- Illustrate key managerial governance aspects of social security entities.
- Illustrate key financial governance aspects of social security entities.
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge & skills of financing systems of social security schemes.
- Interpret appropriately key elements of risk management, public procurement, social budgeting and actuarial valuation report towards informed decision-making.
Bookings are closed for this event.