Date(s) - 01/03/2021 - 05/03/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Health Insurance (HI) is one of the possible organizational mechanisms for raising and pooling funds to finance health services along with tax financing and others. This course equips participants with fundamental understanding of how health insurance operates towards extending health care coverage in the context of both social and private insurance. In particular, greater emphasis is directed to the design and financing mechanisms as well as governance of health insurance schemes towards extending health benefits to the population, in particular to those who cannot afford the cost of illness and or those who incur catastrophic health expenditures due to lack of access to health insurance. The modules covered in this course are;
- SPA 11_Introduction to Health Insurance Systems
- SPA 12_Design Elements of Health Insurance Schemes
- SPA 13_Financing Health Insurance Schemes
- SPA 14_Administration & Management of Health Insurance
- SPA15_Health Insurance & Universal Health Coverage – including issues of Social Health Protection.
- Senior Management, Board of Directors/Trustees and Directors,
- First-line and middle level managers and technical and non-technical staff of both public and private organizations and professional bodies.
- NGOs and Community Organizers.
- private individuals,
Bookings are closed for this event.